The idea behind the Spermvital technology is to extend the life of spermatozoa after insemination. To achieve this, sperm cells are immobilized in a natural substance before cryopreservation. This immobilization preserves energy and enables a controlled release of sperm cells in the uterus after insemination over an extended period of time. This makes timing of insemination less critical with regards to ovulation in the female, and increases the odds of fertilization success.
- Timing of insemination will be less critical.
- Heat detection will be less time consuming.
- Inseminations per heat can be reduced.
- Inseminations per synchronized heat can be reduced
- Inseminations on weekends and public holidays can be reduced or avoided altogether.
- Conventional insemination equipment and technique is used.