A 100 % position as R&D manager is available from June 2022. Applicants should be experienced in applied biotechnology with focus on the biology of fertility, preservation technologies and animal breeding.
A veterinarian background is preferred and will be positively evaluated.
SpermVital has several research projects in collaboration with SINTEF and international breeding companies. Applicants should be eager to explore the transdisciplinary approaches together with academic and industry partners to bring our technology further with sustainable and innovative solutions for the future.
- A preference will be given to candidates being highly motivated, with good teamwork and collaborative skills, organization and communication skills, and documented scientific publications or other writing experience, e.g. application for funding of research projects.
- Leadership experience is preferable, both of teams and projects.
- An academic background qualifying to lead our R&D department and carry out research in the field in question.
- A degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in reproductive biotechnology, cell biology, biology, veterinary medicine or equal. Candidates with a master’s degree in those topics can be evaluated when experience can compensate or surpass a doctoral degree.
- Ability to both lead and inspire the team, as well as ability to work independently and take initiatives. Support the team in the pursuit of the company’s KPIs and strategic goals.
- Excellent skills in presenting orally and written English.
- An understanding and experience with statistical methods to analyze complex data will be considered an advantage.
An independent and flexible work setting that the successful candidate may to a large extent influence her/himself.
- A challenging and exciting research portfolio with opportunities for personal and scientific development.
Daily contact with inspiring, skilled colleagues.
To be part of the company’s management team with potential to influence the company’s strategy and further development.
How to apply:
The application and attachments must be submitted electronically and include the following:
- Application cover letter that summarizes how the candidate’s motivation and how they meet the position requirements.
- CV (summary of education and work experience).
- Copies of academic certificates/transcripts.
- List of minimum 3 references with full contact information.
- A complete list of scientific and other publications.
About the position:
The workplace will be in the company's premises in Biohus, in modern offices in central Hamar, and at Geno's bull station at Store Ree, Stange. International travels will a part of the position. You will receive good training and you will be part of a very competent team working with a groundbreaking technology We offer exciting opportunities within applied biotechnology, breeding and the livestock industry in an expanding international company. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Managing Director Nils Chr. Steig.
A work location in an ambitious and highly international environment at Biohus, Hamar and Geno AI centre Store Ree, Stange.